10. She thinks my husband was serious about attending the kegger her kids might throw while she and her husband were out of town.
9. My cat snuck out and ate the goldfish out of her garden pond.
8. She's switched from regular coffee to decaf...or from decaf to Haterade.
7. She's offended by how horribly I've hacked down the shrubs in my front and side gardens.
6. She saw me running through the house naked that morning a couple weeks back, when I realized all my undies were in the dryer, and now she thinks I'm trying to seduce her husband....or worse, her sons! (Worse still -- she saw me running naked through the house and was completely disgusted and nauseated!)
5. I haven't yet invited her to Book Club. (She should be grateful!)
4. My dad has really annoys her every Thursday when he leaves by repeatedly driving back and forth in front of our house, honking and waving to Sweet Boy. (Could she be jealous that he's not waving to her?)
3. I offended her when I offered her son only $20 to mow our yard. (What's the going rate?)
2. She heard me yell and cuss and threaten bodily harm at Sweet Boy when he played with his poop on the train table. (What's worse, the cussing or the face that my kid plays with poop?)
1. She knows I'm voting straight Democrat on November 4.
I'm working up the courage to go over there to find out what's going on, and maybe I'll know before the weekend's through; we're usually outside working in our respective gardens on Saturday mornings. I'm thinking she's just stressed out, with school starting and three sons and a husband to care for and a household to run, and she probably hasn't even noticed that she's ignored me for 6 weeks. Yeah, that's it.
(Of course, Neighbor, if you're reading this, know it's all in good fun. I value your friendship, and I think you and your family are great neighbors. And I really miss you!)