Those lab mice get all the perks. And the article talks about how this would be used to treat diabetes and obesity...which is great, but just imagine all the real human applications for this pill:
- Want to run a 5K next weekend, but don't want to miss today's Mad Men-athon?
- Need to fit into that bridesmaid dress in a couple weeks, but don't want to skip that hunk of stromboli?
- Cholesterol a little high, but you prefer bacon and eggs to oatmeal?
- "Because sometimes you just don't want to get off the couch."
- "Have your cake and eat it too."
- "Skip the push-ups, eat the brownie."
- "Life is short; why walk?"
Lunesta + Avodart + exercise pill = Never need to get out of bed again.
Get on it, drug companies. I need this pill. The world needs this pill!